Skip to main content

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch.

We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special. 

It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂

And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that day.  
One night I couldn't sleep so I came down and logged into my Family Search account.  There was a record hint available for James Eaton so I clicked on it to add to his file.  He was a single person attached to his parents and siblings but I quickly found his wife, his 3 children, their spouses and a grandson.  I believe he wanted me to find him that night and get his family to the temple.  I L❤️VE doing family history and have such a strong testimony of the blessings that come from this great work.

Taking family names to the temple really enhances the temple experience.  Taking families at the same time is even more rewarding.

We took some of dad's ancestors also.  Bariah's wife has already had her work done but we were able to take his children and their spouses. ❤️  These were some of Grandma Orchard's ancestors so it was nice for her to be there with us.
We took Grandma home since she lives right by the temple and went out to lunch, Mason's choice.  In-N-Out Burger was yummy!  Mason was starving and ate 2 full hamburgers!

We have gone every week since this day and Mason has a goal of getting to the temple each week.  I will do everything in my power to make that happen. 

This is a different temple trip but my hair was fixed and I had on makeup!  Mason had gel in his hair.  Clearly, it was a windy day and so very cold! 

Mason's thoughts about the temple in his own words:

I thought that going to the temple for the first time was super fun and I had the best time in my life. I really loved doing work for the dead it makes me feel warm and happy inside. It is really fun to go with friends because you get to have lots of fun still and it makes a stronger relationship with you and your friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...