School kind of snuck up on us this year. It seems like we lost a month of summer with that cold June we started with. We just got rolling and it was time to go back. We broke a collar bone, had surgery, took in 4 new boys, played the World Series and started school all at the same time so we were a little unprepared. How fitting that I would just be getting around to writing about it 4 weeks after the fact!
I have a confession. These pictures are not from the first day of school. They were taken 2 weeks later. The morning the kids started back was a nightmare! We had a late game the night before and got to bed at 1 am. We were all in a daze when we woke up at 7:00 am, 30 minutes later than Douglas needed to. He tore through the house in a panic, took a poptart out the door with him and that was it. No time for pictures, no proud tears from mom, just sheer chaos. I felt really bad for the start Douglas got.
8th grade
Douglas' Schedule:
| 1. UNITED STATES HIST I - HONORS - (070570-01) | |||||
| 2. ALGEBRA I - (052100-01) | |||||
| 3. ENGLISH 8 HONORS - (040600-01) | |||||
| 4. INTEGRATED SCIENCE - HONORS - (055270-01) | |||||
| 5. GATEWAY TO TECHNOLOGY - (083810-01) | |||||
| 6. KEYBOARDING 1 - (021100-04) | |||||
| 7. THEATRE 1A - (019951-01) | |||||
| 8. SPANISH 1 - (034100-02) | |||||
Stockton was able to have a fun morning. He loves school and it couldn't have come soon enough for him. In fact, it was his alarm that woke us all up!
4th grade
(this is not Stockton's new outfit. He really prefers his old clothes and I can't get this boy to wear anything but athletic, stretchy-waistband shorts. What's a mom to do?)
Things got so crazy just before school started that we just weren't as prepared as we usually are. Hair needed cutting, old backpacks got pulled out of the closet, we didn't even have new underwear and socks! Both of the boys had one new outfit and shoes. Somehow, without all of the usuals, we managed to make it back. The boys are even doing well in their classes, old underwear and all!
We seem to be back into the swing of things, we still need to do some more shopping but hey, maybe I will get those backpacks on clearance now!

Comments