Skip to main content

Family Pictures

These are the photos that lovingly adorn my entry way welcoming the world to our home.

Stockton was 3, Douglas was 7 and Russell and I were somewhat younger than we are now.

For pretty obvious reasons it was time to get a new picture on the wall.  I REALLY hate the whole process of family stress  pictures.  Everyone needs recent haircuts, clothes need to be clean and somewhat matching.  A location needs to be chosen, a poor sucker has to accompany us to snap the shots, no runny noses or cold sores can be present, Mason must be happy, Stockton must be agreeable and Douglas and Russell must be supportive.  So, over the weekend I forced my family to humor me and get this HUGE feat over with.  I am pretty happy with the results.

















Of course, for every good shot there are about 10 not so good ones!  You try and make a toddler hold still and smile nice!



My nephew, Jordan, asked his mom why I got to be in charge.  I told him it was because I was holding the camera!  Whew...I am glad this is over with for another 7 years or so.  Thanks to my sister and her family for taking our pictures and enduring me!

Comments

Jen said…
Super cute! I would be pleased with those shots too. I can't believe how big your boys have gotten. :)
Kim said…
Oh wow! The pictures are awesome! You should be happy with those. I love them!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you'll send me one:) Also, the one of you and Russell together is great!
Naazju said…
Fun pictures! My favorite is the family shot in the tree. I would print it as large as possible (probably 11 x 14), then crop it into a 10 x 10 and find a nice, square frame for it. It's perfect.

And you really need new family pictures more than every 7 years--after all, Douglas will be *back* from his mission if you wait that long (and you'll *definitely* want a more recent picture of him before he leaves).

I volunteer to sneak-picture-attack your family over the next few years. :)
wylie said…
I really like all those! You all look great.
Sherrie said…
LOVE THEM! They are really great photos. I would say it was definately time!
Patti said…
My fave is the one of you chasing Mason :)
Really, they look terrific! Such a good-looking family.
Kimberly said…
Would it be too pushy or obvious if I printed out that picture of Douglas and casually hung it up in Rachel's room?
Jana said…
Great pictures! My family pictures need to be done too. What are you doing next weekend!(ha ha)
I love the one of the three boys standing together facing away from the camera! It shows their different sizes so cute!
brees said…
Super cute, love them! Last family picture we had done Jackson was 2. Thinking we should do them again, especially since we have another child and all!!!
Meredith said…
The "not good" ones are my favorite!:)
Mills Family said…
Such cute pictures! And you are so beautiful!
Amy said…
Great pics... I can't believe you guys did that with family... I am way impressed... How time flies... your boys are so grown up..
Aimee said…
My favorite one is the third one down. In your old photo, you look the same. Russ looks like he needs some gel. :) (Inside joke for you and Russ.)

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...