Having a toddler as a constant companion can be a little trying at times.
It is nice when the rest of the family is home and they can help with the entertaining but most days it is me and Mason for 7 long hours.
Some of his favorite things to say are "play with me," "I need a game," and "let's ride scooters." He likes to dump his toys more than he likes to play with them and he has discovered the game and puzzle pantry in the dining room...within his reach! Needless to say, I am constantly looking for ways to get out of the house (saves on messes), entertain, yet still get the things done I need to. Today I had an epiphany.
Sam's Club is the perfect field trip for us. Mason has always liked this outing but today I realized just how perfect of a place it is! The aisles are big with lots of things to touch but nothing really to break. Mason can walk around and explore in a pretty harmless environment. He can even run to the end of the isle and back without disturbing too many people.
There were lots of great samples today. We started with cinnamon rolls, passed up the chicken salad (I just couldn't while I still had that yummy sweet taste in my mouth), tried some pretzel crisps with spinach-artichoke humus, sampled the soft pretzel with cinnamon, and ended with Hot Pockets.
We caught a glimpse of the forklift in action. Mace can identify the back up signal from anywhere in the store. We have been known to stop and watch and wave to the poor unnerved operator. They have celebrity status in Mason's eyes.
The blood pressure machine is always a big hit. It doesn't really register with his skinny little arm but he loves to push the buttons to inflate and deflate.
Who doesn't love to sip on a Diet Coke while you wait in line to pay?
And, the highlight of the entire trip, giving the receipt to "the lady" so you can get a "happy face". He struts from the register to the exit door, receipt in hand, the proudest kid in the world.
With all of the places I could own a season pass to I think this is one of the best. $35 a year is a small price to pay for space to move, free food, machinery demonstrations, hands on activities, and art.
There's really no need to mention the $56.00 I spent while I was there. There were a few things we just had to have:).
Sam's Club is the perfect field trip for us. Mason has always liked this outing but today I realized just how perfect of a place it is! The aisles are big with lots of things to touch but nothing really to break. Mason can walk around and explore in a pretty harmless environment. He can even run to the end of the isle and back without disturbing too many people.
There were lots of great samples today. We started with cinnamon rolls, passed up the chicken salad (I just couldn't while I still had that yummy sweet taste in my mouth), tried some pretzel crisps with spinach-artichoke humus, sampled the soft pretzel with cinnamon, and ended with Hot Pockets.
We caught a glimpse of the forklift in action. Mace can identify the back up signal from anywhere in the store. We have been known to stop and watch and wave to the poor unnerved operator. They have celebrity status in Mason's eyes.
The blood pressure machine is always a big hit. It doesn't really register with his skinny little arm but he loves to push the buttons to inflate and deflate.
Who doesn't love to sip on a Diet Coke while you wait in line to pay?
And, the highlight of the entire trip, giving the receipt to "the lady" so you can get a "happy face". He struts from the register to the exit door, receipt in hand, the proudest kid in the world.
With all of the places I could own a season pass to I think this is one of the best. $35 a year is a small price to pay for space to move, free food, machinery demonstrations, hands on activities, and art.
Oh yea, I forgot to mention the rides.
There's really no need to mention the $56.00 I spent while I was there. There were a few things we just had to have:).
Comments
PS Come with us to Discovery Gateway, it's right up there with Sam's Club!