Skip to main content

Some Other Stuff

Baseball is one of our favorite things to do.  I have spent a lot of time writing about the fun we have and the treats we eat and the hard work and butterflies and long days and PURE adrenaline rush we get from watching our boys play.  Today I thought I would do something a little different and tell you some of the other stuff we do at a tournament that makes these weekend get-aways so much fun!  So, here goes...some other stuff:).

One of the really fun things about this past weekend in St. George was being with Grandpa Murry and Grandma Lee.  We stayed in a condo that we have stayed in many, many times.  We have a lot of fun memories there and the last few days we made some new ones.


The condo is right on a golf course.  Since Stockton was little he has loved going out and hunting for balls.  He used to pick them up in the middle of the fairway sometimes (oops!).  He was a great teacher for Mason who also tried to pick one up in the middle of the fairway.  The challenge is to stay out of the way of the golfers while it is light since it is VERY hard to find balls in the dark!


Tumbleweeds are pushed aside, bushes are poked and prodded, rocks are scaled.  This is some serious business!






We take turns picking places to eat.  I picked Pizza Factory, Grandma picked Applebees, Stockton picked Arbys, Russell picked Chilies (I may have suggested that one too!), and Grandpa let everyone else pick.  He barbecued chicken breast for us the last night since we were all tired of eating out.  They were yummy!

Grandma always brings fun things for Mason to do.  The bubbles and games were a big hit!


Mason thought it would be fun if Janie blew them onto his tummy.  A little strange?!?

Stockton got a room with a double bed all to himself!  He was in heaven and could be found reading or playing his DS in bed.  He likes to unpack his bags and make sure things are all ready to go.
Stockton got to hang out with some of his team mates in a strictly social setting.  He practices with them and plays games with them a lot but then we all go our different ways.  It is so much fun to hang out and do fun things with lots of great people!

I get to take pictures when I remember my camera and this last weekend I did!  Here's a sampling of some of my favorites.






You may notice that last one is not of Stockton but it is one of my favorite pictures of the weekend.  It is Stock's buddy, Cole, with some mighty nice pitching form!  Action shots are hard to get but every now and then I get a great one!

Hopefully I shared enough other stuff that you don't mind me mentioning the fact that Stockton hit the ball SO well this weekend.  He was on fire!  He had a great attitude and even though he is used to playing shortstop, when he got a chance to play center field he caught 2 fly balls!  And when we was warming up on Championship Day he caught the ball and it popped through the webbing of his mitt but he didn't let that get him down.  Grandpa tried his best to fix it with some wire but it was kind of hopeless so he played with a borrowed mitt the whole day and he did a great job!  Our team left all of their sloppy play in Vegas and only allowed 2 runs total in our first four games.  We were the #1 seed going into Championship Day.  We won our first game but fell short in game 2 to our arch rivals,  the Spanish Fork Extreme.  The final score was 3-2, (as Mason would mutter quickly under his breath...STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!).  We take turns beating each other.  We are both great teams.  We got them over Labor Day, they got us this time.  We were 2 runs short of taking the whole tournament as Spanish Fork went on to win their last game 20-1.  That makes us second best in my book even though we would "officially" be 3rd!

Did I mention how much fun we had collecting golf balls this weekend?  Oh yeah, I believe I did!

Photobucket

Comments

Patti said…
Your photography skills are phenomenal! Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...