Skip to main content

Traditional Stand-in-the-Flowers School Pictures

I have to admit I shed a tear or two on the first day of school.  Douglas is off to Cottonwood High School and I feel like he might as well pack his stuff, leave for his mission and move away to college.  Time is just flying by and I am realizing that in no time at all that is exactly what he will be doing.  Nevertheless,  I still have a little over 3 great years that I don't want to waste so here are handsome Sophomore pics of Douglas.



And his schedule...
1A. SPANISH 3 - (034300-01) S. COCHRAN-ALEJO

 2A. WORLD HISTORY - ADV PLACEMENT - (075150-02) L. SCHWEN


 3A. INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA - (052400-03) M. BAUMANN


 4A. COMPETITIVE ATHLETICS - (061704-14) T. RICHARDS  


 1B. ENGLISH 10 HONORS - (041110-05) L. STRONG  


 2B. PHYSICS 1-2 - HONORS - (058800-06) T. SHARPE


 3B. RELEASED TIME - (008201-17) S. STAFF  

 4B. HEALTH II - (064500-18) B. TAYLOR  

Not officially on his schedule but certainly a big part of it, baseball workouts following school each day.  This boy is in great shape.  He certainly puts in the work!

Stockton is in 6th grade!  He is super excited for all the fun things he will get to be a part of.  Bennion Elementary has the BEST 6th grade program.  The teachers are amazing and with the fast paced learning comes the fun of being the oldest in the school and the chance to do those things that are unique to the 6th graders.  We recently discussed going to Disneyland and missing a few days of school.  Douglas felt like he would never catch up on his school work and Stockton just didn't want to miss.  I love that he loves school!



For the first time, Mason gets to be one of the school kids!  He kind of... sort of... likes Sunshine Square.  He was begging me to leave him alone at the orientation but now he tells me he doesn't want to go to school.  He often gets mad when we are doing his homework and he is really grumpy when he gets home from class.  I am chalking it up to an overwhelming social experience for one of the youngest  in the class with pick up time at 1:15 making him hungry and ready for a nap!  He likes it, just not quite 100% of the time:-).  I, however, am really loving the short break I get 3 days a week.  I am still trying to figure out what to do with myself but I am sure I will adjust in no time at all.
This one was WAY too cute not to include!  I wish he would have smiled like that in the pic where he was dressed for school!



Photobucket

Comments

Kim said…
What a good looking bunch! Let the fun begin....homework, spelling tests, book reports, etc.:)
brees said…
Wow! I can't believe Mason is in preschool already. Cute, cute boys!
Patti said…
Douglas is so good to "allow" you to continue to take the first-day-of-school pictures. But by the look on his face, you're just barely getting away with it! What a tough schedule he has! It's stressing me out and I'm not even involved!
Now that you have had a few days to acclimate, what are you doing with your spare time? Hahaha, spare time. Yeah, right!
Sherrie said…
Such handsome boys! Growing up way too fast of course! I hope they all have a great school year.

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...