Carving the massive pumpkins we grow is just about the worst idea ever! The shell is too thick and so hard that it is rather difficult to complete the task. For some reason, we keep doing this EVERY year! Note to self: Next year grow your giant pumpkins as usual but invest in some smaller ones for carving! I hate to include the picture of a naked Douglas going to town on his pumpkin but it is the only one I have that has anyone but Mason in it. Please pardon the nudeness! I assure you he had shorts on. You just can't see them:).
And, Grandma Orchard at home.
Then we met up with our cousin, Parker (we already had Sarah) and passed some time at McDonald's.
I thought Mason would LOVE trick or treating. I took him myself so I could watch his excitement. Unfortunately, he was so worried that people might have dogs that just might run out of their houses and jump on him while he asked for candy that he only lasted about 15 houses before he was satisfied with his haul! He had the best time sitting in the open door way, enjoying our unseasonably balmy Halloween weather, waiting for trick or treaters while he danced to Gangnam Style (notice the Ipod) over and over and over.

I told Stockton this was his last year to beg for candy so him and his buddy, Alex, planned to be out as long as possible. They threw in the towel after about an hour and went to Cooper's party for the rest of the night. I asked him why he quit and he said it just wasn't as fun as he thought it was going to be. Sad:( No wonder I just have pics of Mace. He is keeping the magic alive! Next year...I get to be the mom that helps with the school parties again. I can hardly wait!






Comments