I know this is not a milestone anniversary but I have been thinking a lot about marriage the past few months and wanted to share a few thoughts.
We spent the morning at the Orchard Christmas breakfast where this picture was taken.
Dinner was fantastic. We went to Market Street Grill where Russell got salmon and creme brule and I got fried shrimp with decadence(the chocolatiest creation ever!). We ended our date with some more Christmas shopping. We did have a little bit of quiet time to snuggle in front of the fireplace. One of the perks of having a December anniversary!
We enjoyed spending the day together but the details of this anniversary are not what I have been pondering. I've been so grateful for Russell lately. He is kind and patient with me. He provides well for our family. He is a good father and husband. He serves faithfully in his church calling. He is supportive and loving and everything I knew he would be. I am so blessed.
We spent the morning at the Orchard Christmas breakfast where this picture was taken.
![]() |
| December 21st, 2013 |
The afternoon was spent doing a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping. For some reason I just was not prepared this year. That is one of the things we certainly did not think about when we decided to get married on the 21st of December. It is tough to get away this time of year. The kids are busy with school programs. Life is busy with holiday parties. It is such a big travel time that airfare is expensive making it hard to get away. Anyway, back to the shopping. Typically we don't buy gifts but we were at Best Buy and impulsively walked away with a Ninja Blender! It wasn't one of those husband-unromantically-buys-an-appliance sort of thing. I really wanted one and we were out spending money anyway so why not?
Dinner was fantastic. We went to Market Street Grill where Russell got salmon and creme brule and I got fried shrimp with decadence(the chocolatiest creation ever!). We ended our date with some more Christmas shopping. We did have a little bit of quiet time to snuggle in front of the fireplace. One of the perks of having a December anniversary!
We enjoyed spending the day together but the details of this anniversary are not what I have been pondering. I've been so grateful for Russell lately. He is kind and patient with me. He provides well for our family. He is a good father and husband. He serves faithfully in his church calling. He is supportive and loving and everything I knew he would be. I am so blessed.


Comments