Snow days are rare! Neither Douglas or Stockton got the opportunity to have one. The last one I could find on record was in 1993. Imagine our surprise when school was canceled today! At first glance, you could tell there was a lot but we didn't understand just how much until we actually got out there.
 |
| I thought it was a little troubling that you couldn't see the parking curb in the middle of the parking lot. It was all leveled out. |

 |
| We started the day with some lazy TV time. This is rarely allowed! |
The night before, Russell had to fly out to St. George for a 1-day trip. It had been snowing for a bit and he shoveled a few inches from the driveway. He told me to leave whatever fell overnight for him to clear the next evening. I would have happily done that but I am pretty sure there is no way we would have made it out of the driveway without getting stuck. And, Amelia needed to get to work. She spent the night at our house because I didn't want her to drive home in the storm the night before.
 |
| I had never worked the snow blower before. Thank goodness for Facetime so Russell could talk me through it! |
 |
| 15 inches! Wow! |
 |
| It took everyone helping. Amelia hates being cold but she was a trooper. |
 |
| The show went to the bottom of her car door. |
 |
| It was a little difficult to clear snow that was as tall as the wheels of the snow blower. And, we have a large, heavy-duty snow blower! |
I told Mason he couldn't possibly have a snow day without playing in the snow! It just didn't seem right. So he did.
 |
| Jane, Mason and Ethan |
If I'm being completely honest, Amelia did need to get to work but...this storm happened on a Wednesday and that is gas station drink day. I couldn't imagine skipping that for a little snow. So, we spent 2 hours clearing and the reward at the end was our fountain drinks!
When Russell got home that night, he cleared 4-5 more inches. It was a CRAZY, HUGE storm. It was kind of fun to experience such a rare occasion! We are used to snow here and it takes a lot to shut us down. The kicker...school make-up day is the day after the last day of school! Not sure how many kids will be there. I'm pretty sure we won't be:)
Comments