Birthdays tend to drag on for a really long time in our house by the time we have a friend party, a cousin celebration and get all of our favorite things in. This year I decided we were going to have one really super fun day on June 5th, your actual birthday!
I didn't allow a friend party this year but I did let Mason invite one friend to spend a few hours at our local new trampoline park, Altitude. He invited Tanner Telford. He really enjoys him as a friend but he is also brave and adventurous and will do tricks with Mason!
![]() |
| I failed to get a picture with his friend but he had a great time bouncing for 2 hours! |
Mason picked In N Out Burger for lunch and Tanner got to come too. The timing was right for Stockton to call home and wish his brother a happy birthday! 🎉🎈 I like chatting with Stockton each p-day but special occasion calls are the best. ❤️
| It was a little loud and crazy but I know Mason loved hearing from his big brother! |
Mason L❤️VES hamburgers more than anything and would eat them every meal if I let him. He ordered a hamburger, ketchup only, with fries and a Neopolitan shake instead of a drink.
We grabbed a box of Crumbl cookies and stopped in to say hi to Grandma since she works right where we were at and then we took Tanner home.
Next stop, cousins! Cousins are pretty much your favorite thing and it was so nice of them to come and spend time with you on your birthday. We went to the West Valley fitness center because you wanted to play on the rock wall. And, the cookies were to share with them 🍪😋.
![]() |
| Back row: Jordan, Mason, Wilson Front Row: Payson, Houston, Sarah |
I was running out of energy by this time but you still had plenty. You choose Cafe Rio for dinner. Douglas and Daisha met us there so we could be together as a family. Funny story...you picked Cafe Rio so we made plans with Douglas and Daisha. Last minute you decided you just wanted tacos. I didn't have the ingredients on hand and I thought that would be a little disappointing to everyone who was prepared for some yummy food so I convinced you to still go and I would make tacos another night. Tacos is your other very favorite food but they are my Americanized tacos.
![]() |
| Daisha and Douglas ❤️ |
It wouldn't be a birthday without a special treat. Of course, you picked peanut butter bars.
You were having a hard time deciding what you wanted for your birthday. You were pretty convinced you wanted these:
![]() |
| Kangaroo shoes $275.00 on Amazon.com |
You even looked at a cheaper model but the practical side of me would just not believe you would get your money's worth. You wanted a bike for weeks before that so somehow I convinced you that would be a better idea. 😅 We were so busy on your birthday that we didn't get a chance to go shopping until the next day. But, you found the perfect bike. You wanted a mountain bike so that is what we got.
More interesting facts about Mason:
- You dislike math because you think you are not good at it. You give up before you start. We are trying to teach you to have confidence and work hard.
- You love to do tricks on the trampoline. It really scares me but you insist on being crazy.
- You are a junk food eater! You never pick healthy things and you love to drink Mountain Dew. You also love french toast, crepes, CHIPS, peanut butter cups, Oreos dipped in milk, and raised donuts (not cake). You will eat zucchini, peppers, celery and most fruit once I make you choose something healthy. And, you will not eat sandwiches. You don't like what happens to bread when it mixes with other stuff. Packing lunch for school is a real challenge.
- You are very observant. You notice if I cut my hair, paint my toenails a different color or wear a new shirt.
- You want to be a policeman when you grow up because you are so good at picking up on clues.
- You are MESSY. You would much rather throw your clothes on the floor than put them in the hamper and you leave a trail everywhere you go. We are working on it!
- You are a great piano player. Sometimes you like to learn new songs by watching You Tube videos and playing along.
- You are really into any super hero movies and you like to watch Dude Perfect stunts on You Tube.
- You don't like potatoes. I don't know if it is a texture or a taste thing but french fries are the only potatoes you will eat.
- You have a lot of faith. If you are ever nervous or concerned, your first thought is to say a prayer. May you always have faith.
- You are really good at baseball but I can tell you don't love it. Maybe you are just playing because your brothers did but I hope you want to play through High School. For now, Cooperstown is your goal.















Comments