Mason found a long lost binki under my bed. You should have seen his reaction when he came running to me with it proudly in his hand. I let him enjoy it for a few minutes and then told him it was time to throw it in the garbage. He took it out of his mouth, handed it to me, and that was the end of that. WHEW!
Both boys had rainouts on our favorite TV night of the week! We were able to spend a night couch potato-ing through American Idol and Biggest Loser. If we are going to get rained out, let it be Tuesday! I single handedly made sure Mike went home by voting over and over for the other 3. I like Mike but it was his time to go. I am very happy with the final 3. I ultimately want Lee to win but Crystal and Casey are both good. Casey is totally my style of music so I would be most likely to buy his album but I am pulling for Lee. As for Biggest Loser, GO KOLI! I LOVE grey team! And, while I am on the subject of reality TV can I just say that I am SO glad Russell did not get one single vote on the Survivor finale. He is such an arrogant jerk. Dude, it doesn't matter if you make it to the end if you don't get anyone's votes because they hate you. I wish he wouldn't have won America's vote. He doesn't need any bigger of an ego. I hope I have seen the end of him. Yay for Sandra!
I decided to try a new recipe for dinner, Spicy Honey Chicken.
I even made the salad and the dressing that was recommended, Spicy Honey Chicken Salad. I worked my fanny off. I had never "rubbed" a chicken before and I am also a little embarassed to say that I had never purchased, sliced and eaten a mango. It was mutilated by the time I was done with it. I won't post pictures of my meal since it didn't quite look like the one from the recipe. I immediately put my chicken in a stainless steel bowl covered with foil. My chicken was juicy but I think it was supposed to be more glazy and sticky. I will try it again. It did have a great flavor. When I went to gather my family for a rare around the table dinner, Douglas was in the shower, Russell worked late and Stockton informed me that he had eaten at his friend's house. Wouldn't you know on the day I worked really hard on a nice meal no one was around to enjoy it. Mason and I had a great time sitting at the table together and he chowed down more food than he normally eats in two days. I guess it was a hit!
I decided to up my workout a bit and run 3 miles one morning. I quit and walked the hill and one other time during my route. I was SO mad at myself. I shed a few tears for being so mentally weak and vowed to do it the next day. I am happy to say I made that 3 miles and ran 4 this morning just because I wanted to prove I could. It felt great. Do I see a 5 in my future? It is on my mind:).
Douglas was honored at his school awards ceremony with the President's Award for Educational Excellence. That means he had a GPA of 3.75 and a CPA of 3.0 or higher for the first three terms. He currently has a 4.0 for 4th term. I hope he can hold onto that for that last 2 weeks of school. He also received his "green scout card" in the mail that says his Eagle award is in. We have passed that on to the Scout Committee Chair and will have a Court of Honor soon. What a good kid!
Stockton's team has been on a roll. They are playing teams a year older on Saturdays and have managed to win half of those games. This last Saturday they won both. They also beat the Storm, ironically on a rather cold and stormy night and tomorrow we play the Spanish Fork Extreme. Our performance there will be a good indicator of how good of a team we are. Spanish Fork is good. Go 9U Horns! Yay for the 14U Horns who were able to finish their rainout championship game on a lovely sunny day this past Saturday. It was really an anticlimatic win playing for half an hour and get this...they forgot to bring their trophies. Someone must have run home to get them and in total lame style, they threw a bag of medals-on-a-keychain to one of the kids during the post-game team meeting. No presentation, no name recognition. Like I said, LAME!
I got to have lunch with my aunt from Texas, my aunt from Vegas, my mom, and one of my sisters. It has been a long time since my mom's sisters have been together and I really enjoyed visiting with them. My aunt Dena (Texas) turned me onto the Words with Friends app for the Iphone. We have been playing Scrabble ever since. Anyone want to play me? The app is free. It is fun to have an ongoing game to play at your leisure. Oh yea, I never did mention that I got an Iphone for my birthday. I was worried that I was not Iphone material but I love it!
I have tried to get out into my jungle of a yard but the weather is still not very agreeable. I am tired of the rain and cold. I don't have my garden in or my annuals. I hope to get most of that done by week's end. This is the time of year where I struggle between my yard and my house and don't fully get either done. I am determined to do better.
And last but certainly not least, some sweet little boy carved a heart into my kitchen table. Luckily it doesn't have anyone's initials in it (even though I know his Facebook status says he is in a relationship!). I guess if your way-old-enough-to-know-better middle child is going to leave his mark on something, a heart is a pretty good choice. I will be reminded of his love for me for years to come!
Both boys had rainouts on our favorite TV night of the week! We were able to spend a night couch potato-ing through American Idol and Biggest Loser. If we are going to get rained out, let it be Tuesday! I single handedly made sure Mike went home by voting over and over for the other 3. I like Mike but it was his time to go. I am very happy with the final 3. I ultimately want Lee to win but Crystal and Casey are both good. Casey is totally my style of music so I would be most likely to buy his album but I am pulling for Lee. As for Biggest Loser, GO KOLI! I LOVE grey team! And, while I am on the subject of reality TV can I just say that I am SO glad Russell did not get one single vote on the Survivor finale. He is such an arrogant jerk. Dude, it doesn't matter if you make it to the end if you don't get anyone's votes because they hate you. I wish he wouldn't have won America's vote. He doesn't need any bigger of an ego. I hope I have seen the end of him. Yay for Sandra!
I decided to try a new recipe for dinner, Spicy Honey Chicken.
I even made the salad and the dressing that was recommended, Spicy Honey Chicken Salad. I worked my fanny off. I had never "rubbed" a chicken before and I am also a little embarassed to say that I had never purchased, sliced and eaten a mango. It was mutilated by the time I was done with it. I won't post pictures of my meal since it didn't quite look like the one from the recipe. I immediately put my chicken in a stainless steel bowl covered with foil. My chicken was juicy but I think it was supposed to be more glazy and sticky. I will try it again. It did have a great flavor. When I went to gather my family for a rare around the table dinner, Douglas was in the shower, Russell worked late and Stockton informed me that he had eaten at his friend's house. Wouldn't you know on the day I worked really hard on a nice meal no one was around to enjoy it. Mason and I had a great time sitting at the table together and he chowed down more food than he normally eats in two days. I guess it was a hit!
I decided to up my workout a bit and run 3 miles one morning. I quit and walked the hill and one other time during my route. I was SO mad at myself. I shed a few tears for being so mentally weak and vowed to do it the next day. I am happy to say I made that 3 miles and ran 4 this morning just because I wanted to prove I could. It felt great. Do I see a 5 in my future? It is on my mind:).
Douglas was honored at his school awards ceremony with the President's Award for Educational Excellence. That means he had a GPA of 3.75 and a CPA of 3.0 or higher for the first three terms. He currently has a 4.0 for 4th term. I hope he can hold onto that for that last 2 weeks of school. He also received his "green scout card" in the mail that says his Eagle award is in. We have passed that on to the Scout Committee Chair and will have a Court of Honor soon. What a good kid!
Stockton's team has been on a roll. They are playing teams a year older on Saturdays and have managed to win half of those games. This last Saturday they won both. They also beat the Storm, ironically on a rather cold and stormy night and tomorrow we play the Spanish Fork Extreme. Our performance there will be a good indicator of how good of a team we are. Spanish Fork is good. Go 9U Horns! Yay for the 14U Horns who were able to finish their rainout championship game on a lovely sunny day this past Saturday. It was really an anticlimatic win playing for half an hour and get this...they forgot to bring their trophies. Someone must have run home to get them and in total lame style, they threw a bag of medals-on-a-keychain to one of the kids during the post-game team meeting. No presentation, no name recognition. Like I said, LAME!
I got to have lunch with my aunt from Texas, my aunt from Vegas, my mom, and one of my sisters. It has been a long time since my mom's sisters have been together and I really enjoyed visiting with them. My aunt Dena (Texas) turned me onto the Words with Friends app for the Iphone. We have been playing Scrabble ever since. Anyone want to play me? The app is free. It is fun to have an ongoing game to play at your leisure. Oh yea, I never did mention that I got an Iphone for my birthday. I was worried that I was not Iphone material but I love it!
I have tried to get out into my jungle of a yard but the weather is still not very agreeable. I am tired of the rain and cold. I don't have my garden in or my annuals. I hope to get most of that done by week's end. This is the time of year where I struggle between my yard and my house and don't fully get either done. I am determined to do better.
And last but certainly not least, some sweet little boy carved a heart into my kitchen table. Luckily it doesn't have anyone's initials in it (even though I know his Facebook status says he is in a relationship!). I guess if your way-old-enough-to-know-better middle child is going to leave his mark on something, a heart is a pretty good choice. I will be reminded of his love for me for years to come!




Comments
That was great that Mason didn't protest throwing his pacifier in the trash! He's a big boy for sure!
I think you're right on who carved you the heart. Not that you want to erase it, but I have a furniture pen that would make it less noticeable, if you're interested.