Skip to main content

What's Up

I was going through the pictures on my phone and decided that I needed to get some of them to a more permanent home...here.

Over the Christmas break we had a great evening riding Trax, seeing the lights at Temple Square and attending a Jazz game.  These were our Jr. Jazz seats.  For those of you unfamiliar with those particular seats, you get 2 tickets for signing up to play.  They are clear at the top and every other young boy or girl in the valley gets tickets for the same night.  There is A LOT of energy up in those seats but it is kind of fun to watch the youngsters cheer.  Taking our friend Chandler and free hot dogs and drinks were a bonus!



I love Mason's hat.  His grandma made it for him and he looks so stinkin cute in it!  I wish you could see the pom pom on top.  While we were riding the train the recorded voice overhead announced "This is the Sandy train."  Mason was so excited..."this is Santa's train!"  So CUTE!

Also so cute, watching Mason and Stockton marvel over a hot air popper.  Talk about cheap entertainment!  They really had no idea that popcorn could be made in something other than the microwave.


Still so very cute, Mason at play.  As we are so cooped up from the frigid temperatures I try to find ways to keep him busy.  This happened to be at a ghetto mall that shall remain nameless but it is the closest one to our house and they have this cute little play area.  Mason is very social and latches on to any little kid he can find.  I know he really needs toddler interaction as much as I need it from adults!  Sometimes I feel bad that he is so lonely at home but he is MORE than willing to be friends with everyone.  He is such a little sunshine.

And more play at Jungle Jim's.  Stockton and Chandler were REALLY good sports to ride the rides with him so he wouldn't be nervous.  He only rode the roller coaster once!  He is a bit of a scaredy cat.



I really love this next picture of Mason enjoying an all new episode of Team Umizoomi!  Last week there was one every single morning.

He likes to sit in this laundry basket with a small stool beside him that he uses as a table to house his strawberry milk and sack of Cheerios.  If I am lucky he will sit like this while I do the treadmill but this is kind of rare.  He has become very actively involved with the shows he watches.  He gets up and moves.  He loves to sing the MAIL song from Blues Clues and mimic the actions.  He likes to do the CRAZY DANCE from Team Umizoomi and flies through the house acting like a SUPER HERO!  He is at a super cute stage.

But, with the super cute comes the kind of naughty.
"Where do we color, Mason?" "on paper," is a conversation we have daily!  We talk about what happened to the monkeys that jumped on the bed and we don't throw toys, just balls.

After putting a fire-truck toddler bed in his room along with his crib and asking daily if he wanted to sleep in his big-boy-bed we decided it was time to take his free agency away.  Last night the crib was dismantled and he had no choice but to sleep in his new bed.  He begged for his crib back but after a little rocking and convincing he went right down, stayed in his bed and fell right to sleep.  It was far too easy!  He woke up disoriented at 1:30 but quickly feel back to sleep and requested to sleep in our bed at 5.  It wasn't a horrible first night!  I expect it to be a quick transition:).



Stockton has been busy playing Jr. Jazz and getting in full baseball swing.  We recently had a rocket derby (in lieu of a pinewood derby) and he did not have much fun at all.  Twisting the rubber band was tedious and he was bored with the whole process.  He didn't even save his rocket.  It went right into the round filing cabinet!

Douglas' just shattered his Ipod screen after having it for exactly 5 weeks.  Who knew that dodgeball and Ipods in pockets doesn't mix?  He has had to get used to a distorted view of his favorite APs.  But, his biggest news of all, LEARNER PERMIT!

He is a pretty good driver.  His dad is more patient with him than I am but I did let him drive on the freeway for the first time.  It just about killed me!  I think I will leave most of the freeway hours to his dad!  Douglas also spent this weekend in Las Vegas with the Cottonwood High School baseball team.  They attended a training camp at UNLV.  I sent him out the door with $80, told him to make good choices and keep track of his wallet!  This is an exciting time of life for him but it sure is hard to let him grow up!

As for me and Russell, we juggle as usual to take care of the family, the bills and the chores.  There is always something going on but we are enjoying this time of our life as well.

Oh yes, I am happy to report the Christmas tree finally came down on the 11th!
Photobucket

Comments

wylie said…
I don't know which part I liked reading best; so it must be all of it! It was fabulous to get a catch up on all the boys at once. I agree with everything cute about Mason, everything unnerving about letting Douglas grow up, and everything great about Stockton. What a stage you are in!
Ang said…
They should make grown-up sized laundry baskets for US to sit in while we watch TV. Looks so cozy. It's a million dollar idea!! :-)
Patti said…
I loved the picture of Mase on the train! So cute!!
The ghetto mall comment made me laugh.
Caleb was the same way on the roller coaster when he was 2, but when he went back at 3, he loved it and went all by himself. I'll bet Mason does the same thing.
Loved the story about Stockton and his rocket derby experience. The look on his face says it all. He's not really good at hiding his emotions yet.
Lastly, I had to laugh at your crayon story. Yesterday, while I was on the phone with Laura I heard this conversation- "Eliot, crayons are not balls. We don't throw the crayons. If you want to throw something you need to go get a ball from your room."
I guess they really are both the same age, my Eliot and your Mason!

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...