I have lived in my house now for a little over 10 years. When I originally selected the lights I was so overwhelmed that I pretty much just threw the cheapest things in that I could. I figured we could change them out a little at a time once I knew for sure what I wanted. That has been the case as Russell has replaced almost all of the main floor lighting. But, the ones that bothered me the most happened to be hanging in a most precarious spot over my stairs. I FINALLY convinced Russell to replace them and was so excited that I didn't even take the time to snap a picture of the old ones. Just picture some glass-type awful looking chandelier that belongs somewhere other than my house! It took a Little Giant to conform to the stairs while my brother-in-law stood on a pretty tall A-frame. Such team work!
To go along with the new lights and the borrowed ladders I figured we may as well paint. I have looked up to the top of that daunting wall many times (without an official measurement we guessed it was at least 22 feet high) wondering just how I was going to go about it. The only thing left to do was jump in and see if it could be done! It took a lot of creativity, ingenuity, courage and patience but I learned it could be done.
Russell was my stage crew. He maneuvered the 4 different ladders required to reach all of the tough spots. I was painting a super tall wall on one side with the same super tall wall on the other side only with stairs right next to it. Then there was the window that I could access easily on the side free of stairs but it was tricky on the other side where my only spot to place a ladder was on the stairs! You see why I called this my ginormous project. I don't think I will be crazy enough to do it again but I am so happy I did it!
You can't really tell how scary it was to be at the top of that ladder! The rolling motion made it wobbly and my whole body was pretty sore the next day from how tense I was while up there!
The job would have gone much faster without the help of my little one but such is my life these days!
And now for the finished product. Drumroll please!!
I LOVE it! It feels so warm and cozy and freshly painted and newly illuminated! I think I will take the new color through the upstairs hallway, into the living room and down the stairs to the basement. I just need to take a little breather before I jump in again. One thing I know for sure...the hardest part is done!
To go along with the new lights and the borrowed ladders I figured we may as well paint. I have looked up to the top of that daunting wall many times (without an official measurement we guessed it was at least 22 feet high) wondering just how I was going to go about it. The only thing left to do was jump in and see if it could be done! It took a lot of creativity, ingenuity, courage and patience but I learned it could be done.
Russell was my stage crew. He maneuvered the 4 different ladders required to reach all of the tough spots. I was painting a super tall wall on one side with the same super tall wall on the other side only with stairs right next to it. Then there was the window that I could access easily on the side free of stairs but it was tricky on the other side where my only spot to place a ladder was on the stairs! You see why I called this my ginormous project. I don't think I will be crazy enough to do it again but I am so happy I did it!
You can't really tell how scary it was to be at the top of that ladder! The rolling motion made it wobbly and my whole body was pretty sore the next day from how tense I was while up there!
The job would have gone much faster without the help of my little one but such is my life these days!
And now for the finished product. Drumroll please!!
I LOVE it! It feels so warm and cozy and freshly painted and newly illuminated! I think I will take the new color through the upstairs hallway, into the living room and down the stairs to the basement. I just need to take a little breather before I jump in again. One thing I know for sure...the hardest part is done!
Comments