Life is mostly made up of simple moments that make lasting impressions. As I was flipping through the pictures on my phone today I was reminded of so many instances I felt the need to freeze time and capture that particular tender moment...each picture alone not worthy of a post but together they make up my day to day happiness.
This actually wasn't too long ago when Mason had the best time eating the freshly fallen snow.
Another cold day. Mason couldn't get enough of the giraffes.
Stockton not afraid to hula hoop with the girls at school.
Every Sunday my job is to make dessert for dinner at my parents. This particular week my desserts were so beautiful I just had to take pictures. They were some tasty fruit pizzas.
There's something so cute about a tiny little toddler strutting to school, sack lunch in his backpack, excited to sit with his brother and be one of the big kids.
And when you find that toddler covered in mascara it is hard to be mad when he says, "Look mom, I am beautiful like you."
Even though it drives me nuts to listen to the sound of Douglas spitting seeds I am learning to appreciate the times he is with us. He is growing so fast with a schedule of his own and it feels like he is gone more than he is home.
This picture was all Mason's idea. It reminds me of two tender moments. 1) The day he found this shirt in the store and couldn't live without it and 2) The first time he wore it and wanted to show his brother, Douglas(who happened to be away on a baseball trip), his new shirt so we took a picture and texted it to him.
I have SO many pictures taken through the backstop of Stockton too far away to really get a good shot but I just can't help myself when he is wearing those Championship Day whites.
This is a reminder that Mason is watching everything we do so we have to be on our toes!
Grandpa gave Mace the money for his very first ice cream truck purchase.
While I was working in the yard Mason drug out the lawn mower just to see if he was big enough to push it. He told me he was hungry and went in the house to grab a snack. When he came out with an unopened bag of cookies I told him he needed to get the open one. He said, "It's okay, Mom." He tells me that a lot and I am starting to realize he is right. It is okay to have 2 opened bags of cookies. Some things just don't matter. He climbed on top of the lawn mower and enjoyed his snack. The combination of a rare sunny day and dangling little legs hanging from the lawnmower made this moment picture worthy.
I can't think of a happier way to end this post than with fluffy pink cotton candy melted to lips and cheeks and clothes. It has tender joy written all over it. Life is SO good:).
Comments