Dear Family and Friends,
We hope our Christmas letter finds you happy, healthy and warm. All is well in the Orchard home.
Russell is super busy at Coldwell Banker training new and experienced agents along with a myriad of other responsibilities he has recently inherited. Somehow he finds time to coach Stockton’s basketball team, attend the boy’s games, keep them on track with scouts and church responsibilities and serve in a church calling of his own. He is on the High Council of the Young Single Adult Stake, assigned to a specific ward and the training of all Elder’s Quorum presidencies in the stake. We are all grateful for how well Russell takes care of us and the example he is for the boys!
I (Jenny) am as busy as any other mom. Driving the family taxi takes most of my time but it comes with the territory and I LOVE being a mom. My favorite hobby is Friday date night! I look forward each week to the time I get to spend talking with my husband, interruption free, while someone serves me warm food that I didn’t have to prepare. I am currently serving as the Primary Chorister in our ward. This is brand new territory for me and I am still getting my feet wet after 7 months! I have always been the one playing the piano, not teaching the songs. The biggest blessing I feel from this calling is the constant primary song running through my head. I do love those songs and the truths they teach.
Douglas (16) is a sophomore at Cottonwood High. As a freshman he played on the baseball team last spring and has spent almost every day since working out and practicing. It takes a big chunk of his time but he absolutely loves it! In the summer he went with the scouts to Moab for some high adventuring involving jeeps, rocks and mountain bikes. He loves the outdoors. He just celebrated his 16th birthday and got his driver’s license. He is looking forward to the day when he has a car to drive to school and can ditch his 6:35 a.m. bus ride!
Stockton (11) is a 6th grader at Bennion Elementary. He plays baseball in the spring and summer and basketball in the fall and winter. He earned his Arrow of Light award and moved on to “real” scouts where he is working hard. Although he doesn’t love it, he is taking piano lessons and getting pretty good. He is addicted to Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends and is a great writer, singer and student.
Mason (3) is an energetic toddler. He loves to be outside playing at the park, riding his bike or scooter and driving his jeep. He thinks all of his brother’s friends are his friends and sometimes asks if he can invite them over. This past year we potty trained and moved to a “big boy” bed. He started preschool where he is learning so much and loving it. I kind of like it too! He can navigate an IPod with ease and is just getting into computer and video games. He is way more little boy than baby. A little bit of a sniff and a little bit of whew! He will always be our family sunshine.
I would love to say we went somewhere really warm and exotic for vacation. Or, even somewhere Disney-ish and magical but that just wasn’t the case. We still had a lot of fun on several shorter baseball related trips…Las Vegas in February, St. George in March, Las Vegas in May, Reno in June, Park City in July and Vegas in October. We enjoy spending time together as a family no matter where we are!
We cherish this time of year when we celebrate the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We love him and know he lives. May you all have peace and joy this holiday season and in the coming year!
Love,
Russell, Jenny, Douglas, Stockton and Mason Orchard
P.S. We haven’t moved but our zip code has changed to 84129. Please make note. You can also friend us on Facebook or visit us on our blog at www.teamorchard.blogspot.com:).

Comments