Skip to main content

Disneyland Again (Day 1)

I can't even count how many times we have been to Disneyland.  It is something we have been doing for the last 20 years, consistently and repeatedly.  We love it.  We are junkies and our latest trip did not disappoint.  With Douglas married and Stockton on his mission in England, Mason got to be the center of attention.

Russell was already in CA for work so Mason and I flew out Tuesday evening to meet him.  He checked into our hotel, (Residence Inn Convention Center)and made a donut run before picking us up from the airport and returning his rental car.  Winchell's is a MUST for every trip.    Chocolate for me, rainbow sprinkle for Russell and colorful raised for Mason.  Yummy!  It was a perfect bedtime snack!


We always start our morning early.  It is so important to get to the park  45 minutes to an hour before it opens.  That gets you through the bag check and to the gates before they let you into the park 30 minutes early.  Then you make your way to the land you want to enter first and wait for the "rope drop".  We were a little off our game the first day because somehow we got second row deep (behind 3 Jazzies (powered carts for older people and sometimes those who can't handle walking all day) which is not efficient for hurrying to Indiana Jones).  We made it on the first car of Indiana Jones but there was a family ahead of us.

After doing Indiana, Splash Mountain (on cold days you go first thing and pray you don't get wet.  Since there aren't any lines they just let the 3 of us ride in the car and that keeps the weight down), 

and Pirates of the Caribbean, we made our way to Tomorrowland for our favorite ride there!
That awkward face I pull when I am taking a selfie!! It's like making sure the people are in the picture and I got the backdrop and I know where to look!!  
Buzz Lightyear is Stockton's favorite.  He sets a goal to beat 999,999 each time.  We were all a little homesick for him, especially Mason.  He declared that he was the new king of Buzz!
Mason is the new king of Buzz Lightyear!
But, I actually got the high score for the trip!
Normally we are disappointed if it is not over 500,000 so this is a little pathetic for us.
We make it a point to find something new we haven't done yet each trip.  Dallas gave us a little treasure hunt to go on which was fun.  We took the Monorail to Downtown Disney and walked to Trader Sam's Bar located at the Disneyland Hotel.  I have never heard of it, let alone been there.  They didn't have the "collector" mugs he was looking for but he still wanted us to bring these souvenirs to him.  We were happy to make the purchase.



It's been years since we took Mason to ESPN Zone.  It used to be something we did all of the time with the older two boys.  We were disappointed to find the restaurant was closed.  I guess we will need to find a new tradition!  As we headed back to the park we browsed the Lego Store.  They have the cutest displays!



Mason got a cookie and cream protein shake from Jamba Juice as a snack.  He was pretty stoked!  He also suggested we head to Flo's Diner in Carsland for dinner so we entered CA Adventure.
We checked out the menu and decided it wasn't really what we were in the mood for so we picked up our free chocolates from Ghirardelli (full sized peppermint milk chocolate bark) and sourdough bread...also one of our favorite traditions.

The park was crowded and the fast passes were gone so we left and went across the street to Tony Romas.  It was expensive and the service was horribly slow.  We need to remember that for future trips!  Mason got a little playtime in the pool which was fun for him.   It was cold be he didn't care, and there was a great hot tub!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...