This is Douglas' best baseball buddy, Hunter. (And Douglas' awesome dad!)
They have been on the same team for 7 of the eight years we have lived here. They have sweat together, frozen together, been drenched together, laughed together, cried together, helped each other, traveled to just about every region in Utah, Idaho Falls, Steam Boat Springs and New York, won, lost and lived this great game of baseball together.
(Winning a tournament at about 11 p.m. in 2005)
They still play together on the weekends but during the week they are on different teams. It makes for an exciting little rivalry. Last week I picked Hunter up to take him to the field. He got in the car and said, "Hello, enemy," with a smile on his face. I am sure the games have been a topic of conversation on their walks to and from school. No doubt they have even exchanged a little friendly banter. But, when it comes right down to it there is no way I can not cheer for both of them. I want both of them to be at the top of their games. We cheered from Roni and Taz's side for the first game, they cheered from our side the next. So far the score is 1-1. Douglas' team had a great game last week and Hunter's got the best of us last night. Douglas caught well, Hunter pitched well. I am still waiting for them to both knock one out of the park. With only 4 teams in the league they will get the chance to play each other many more times. And, luckily, we have the weekends where we get to be together, the way it should be!

Comments