Skip to main content

Clean Toes and Binkies

By this age my older boys had a scrapbook full of pages documenting their first few years of life.  Mason currently has this blog!  I have made one page for a scrapbook that I have yet to purchase.  Oh, poor third child.  He is at such a fun age that I just had to take the time to snap a few pictures and write down all of the 21-month old things he does.

Let's start with the binki.  He perfectly says "binki" now, he wants one in his mouth and hands at all times and about 6 to sleep with.  If you tell him one is enough he says, "two".  If the kid can ask for two binki's, perhaps he is too old to have them!  However, sleep is such a commodity and he is the baby so is there really a big rush to take them away?  I told myself that I would after St. George in March.  Now I am rethinking as the time is upon me.  Stay tuned for that one:).

Mason loves to "I go na-night."  It is almost like he is running away from all of his tiny little troubles.  "I binkie, I blanket, I go na-night" whenever things don't go his way.  He begs to get in his bed and if we try to sing or rock he will have none of it.  It is not such a bad problem but last week he figured out how to climb into his bed.  I was afraid he would try to dive out so we lowered his mattress as far as it will go.  Somedays he is begging for his nap at 9:30 am and I have to find ways to distract him for a few hours until his real nap time.  I think the warmer weather will help with his boredom.

Stockton has a way with Mason that is so endearing.  He is young enough to play on his level and loves to make him laugh.  They have a pretty special bond.  I love listening to that deep down laugh-so-hard-you-almost-puke laugh. 
Mason has watched Nemo so many times we all find ourselves quoting it daily.  He loves Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go.  He would sit on the couch all day, sippy cup and blanket in hand if I let him.  Russell likes to ask him, "Se habla Espanol?"  He always says, "Si!"

Mason is getting better at playing with other kids his age.  He has 2 older brothers that give him what he wants and never take things away.  They don't pound him with toys or push him down.  Nursery has been quite an adjustment.  We take it week by week but can't wait for the day that he runs right in and doesn't make us stay.
His little compulsion is cleaning his toes.  He loves to get all of those fuzzy little sock lints out.  He meticulously checks between each toe and when he removes anything he says, "got it"!  It really is so cute.
I just love how worn out Mason can make himself.  Lately he has started falling asleep as he waits for me to finish drying my hair or fold one more load of laundry.  There is nothing like happening upon a rambunctous little toddler zonked out in unexpected places.  I love to scoop him up, kiss his squishy little checks and carry him to bed.  These days are full and busy and oh so precious....just like my little Mace.

Comments

Sherrie said…
What a Cutie-Pie! I love that he likes to clean his toes. Reminds me of Shellise! It's so great that his older brothers are so good to him. You are a blessed mommy!
Ang said…
Oh, he's so dang cute. Good pictures too. I love the toe lint picking! And Wyatt loves his bed too. Sometimes he'll tell us, "I want to go to bed. No stories, just a prayer!" :-) It's a good problem to have though, right?
Patti said…
I love that you have the third child lack-of-documentation problem. Laura (she's my third) got no baby book or anything. My fourth child at least got a baby calendar to mark events. It was just the other day that we found a picture of her and the cake I made for her first birthday. Before we found the picture, I couldn't remember what I'd made for her so she thought she didn't get a cake. Whew! At least she got a cake!
Aimee said…
I think he is destined to learn Spanish. Ever since he loved watching Sesame Street in Espanol!
Mills Family said…
What a sweet little boy!

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...