Skip to main content

Two Cute

It is hard to believe that Mason just turned 2.  I waited so long for him and now the time is just flying by.  Here's a recap of his special day....June 5th.

Since Mason is the third child and spends most of his life attending baseball games for his older brothers, his birthday shopping was slightly interrupted as well.  I had made a trip to Walmart earlier in the week for some household supplies.  I figured I would let him do a little pre-birthday test drive while we were there.
I couldn't buy his gifts with him there so I figured I would just have to come back.  We were so busy last week that the first time we got to shop for him was 10:00 pm the night before his birthday.  I knew I wanted to get him a scooter I had seen at Target but, alas, Walmart was my only choice by that time.  When the first Walmart we went to did not have an acceptable scooter or the construction truck I had decided on we headed to another one.  Luckily, the second attempt provided the truck but I knew I had to get the Target scooter.  So, the morning of Mason's birthday, while Russell was driving Stockton to his last-minute scrimmage and team party and I had just dropped Douglas off for his pre-game warm ups, Mason and I went scooter shopping to Target.  I told him what we were getting and he was really excited.  We headed back to Douglas' game and that is where Russell assembled it.
Mason was bursting with excitement and could hardly wait for the finished product.  Once he was finally able to get on, he didn't quite know what to do!


I guess he thought if he just stood there it would move on it's own.  We are still mastering the scooter!

After Douglas' game we headed to lunch.  I am so glad there is another playland option besides McDonald's.  I was CERTAIN he wanted to go to Chick-Fil-A.  We were joined by a few of Mason's cousins.

Mason came home and napped while we rounded up Stockton and ran a few errands.  Then it was time for presents.
In the days leading up to his birthday we would ask Mason what he wanted.  He said, "balloons, Jorlan (his cousin Jordan), presents."  So, his first gift was a bag of balloons.  It was hard to get him to open anything else once he had those.  He wanted us to blow them and tie them and hit them and blow some more.  He eventually opened his other two gifts, a talking Buzz Lightyear and a really cool construction truck.  He also got a really big Lightening McQueen balloon.

After presents it was time to swim.  It is so nice having a neighborhood pool just over our backyard fence.  It is hard for me to only pick one or two swimming pictures because I think they are all so cute.  I settled in on about 10 of my faves!
Mason was a little timid at first but soon he warmed up and wandered off by himself.  He loved jumping into the big pool with his dad.
I stayed mostly dry since I was the one taking the pictures but I did get a nice wet snuggle when it was time to dry off.  You've got to love the baseball tan!


Since he is child #3 and I have realized that sometimes our over the top parties are more for us than our child, (okay, maybe I just wanted a nice easy day too!) we had Pizza Hut and ice cream cookies to end the night.  Mason still had fun blowing out his candle(yes, luckily I had one in the cupboard since I didn't even think to buy any.  Even luckier, he liked it because it was Spongebob!).
When all was said and done we really had a wonderful day celebrating our little guy!  I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending Mason to our family.  Happy birthday my little sunshine:).

Comments

brees said…
Two already?!?! Yikes! It looks like a perfectly wonderful day! Happy Birthday little man!
wylie said…
Happy 2nd birthday Mason! He looks very cute on the scooter! And of course the swimming pictures too.
Kim said…
Happy Birthday Mason! Looks like he had an awesome birthday. Love all the pictures, especially the one of Mom, Dad, & Mason:)
Sarah said…
Sounds like a great day! We need to get our little guys together on scooters. Sounds like a great idea for the park. Braden loves the Dora scooter he inherited from his older sisters. At least it isn't pink!
Aimee said…
What a great day! Happy Birthday, Mason!!
Kimberly said…
Happy Birthday sweet Mason!
LaTour said…
It was so fun to see you all at the pool on Mason's Birthday! You have the cutest family. It sounds like it was a GREAT day!

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...