This should have been with the Halloween pictures but since I forgot, I will start with our trip to the Witch Festival at Gardner Village. We love going on the witch scavenger hunt! Trying to get all of these kids to look the same way is tough!
Douglas was REALLY wanting a hoodie once the weather changed. Not knowing which one he would prefer I texted him this pic. What a great way to shop! He opted for the black one and has pretty much worn it everyday since. I've done the same with shoes and other clothing items. It saves on the exchanges!
Since I have this nice pic of Douglas up I will mention how he NEVER, EVER stops talking about driving, and cars and what kind of car he is going to get, and driving... and cars. We opted for private driver's ed. He just finished his classes and has 2 more drives to complete. He will be done next Tuesday and then the agonizing (for ALL of us, believe me!) 14 day wait begins!
Stockton and the other scouts got to march in the Taylorsville Veteran's Day Parade. Me and Mason spectated. Mason loved running into the road to collect candy and sitting in the firetruck!About once a month Mason gets to take "special leader" treats to preschool. They must be store bought, no candy, no drinks and something you would be willing to serve and clean up after 9 small children. Oh yea, and if possible, they need to start with the letter of the week. We happened to get the letter "i". There are not a lot of things that match all of the criteria. Ice cream was the obvious choice but not very practical. Italian, individual...all seemed a stretch. Luckily, I was able purchase these babies. Thank goodness they said "iced" and not "frosted". I sure hope I don't have to do "Q" or "Z"!
By far one of the coolest things I have seen at the school was the wax museum put on by the 6th graders. Each student researched a famous person, living or dead, wrote a report and made a poster display with a few interesting facts. They stood frozen for 90 minutes while students and parents filed though. Classical music was playing, all of the teachers were in white shirts with black dress pants and there were signs reminding you to be quiet, creating a wonderful museum atmosphere. It was so fun to walk around and look at all of the statues. Stockton chose Michael Jordan. When I asked him why he didn't pick John Stockton he said he didn't even think about it. Go figure!
| I told Stockton his first fact was actually an opinion. He assured me it was a fact! |
Our Saturday lunch tradition continues only we have started taking turns picking the place due to our lack of ability to all agree. Stockton choose Five Guys, Douglas picked Chick-Fil-A, I chose Hires and Russell picked Five Guys. Second time around, Stockton-Sonic, Douglas-Hires, and just today I picked Village Baker sandwiches at home with Cheetos and fountain drinks from Holiday. We haven't officially let Mason have a Saturday. I try to squeeze a weekday lunch in that counts as his pick because he ALWAYS wants "old macdonalds". It seems the rest of us have outgrown that place!
| It's a bonus if we can take a friend or meet cousins! |
Last but not least, last night I met my mom, Kelly, Riza and Elyse for a girls only viewing of Breaking Dawn part 1. LOVED it. I wasn't sure where they would end this movie in anticipation for the final one but I thought the ending was perfect! I thought the movie was well done for the content they had to work with. Let's face it, Breaking Dawn is a little odd but it won me over. I can't wait to see it again:).

Comments
Last night Gage and I were looking at those same hoodies!