| June 5th, 2012 |
Classic Skating was the chosen venue. Mason LOVES that place. It really does appeal to all ages. It was nice to have Douglas with us. He was a great sport and I think he might have even had a little fun! I can promise you Mason had a blast!
That night he chose his birthday dinner. He mentioned Chick-Fil-A at one point of the day but we all knew where we would end up!
The older boys commented on how this was Mason's once a year chance to eat at ANY restaurant he wanted and he picked McDonalds. He really doesn't know what he is missing!
Gifts were a little anti-climatic. He got a pitching machine that ended up being a bit of a disappointment. We thought it would keep him busy for hours but really he just wants us to pitch to him! Play dough is ALWAYS a hit! He got a water table that I thought would be super fun to put on the back porch for the summer. It sat in our family room unopened for a week so I finally took it back and let him pick... a Thor helmet and and Iron Man motorcycle! I guess we were a little out of touch this birthday:). He also bought a Captain America shield with some of the birthday money he got from Grandparents.
We generally have cake the Sunday before the birthday so Mason blew out his candle in his homemade chocolate chip cookie!
Comments