Last week I helped with Stockton's 6th grade end-of-year activities. Our theme was "Be A Star in Your Future & Rock On to Jr. High".
BBQ
I was in charge of the BBQ at the park. We did hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, watermelon and soda for 100 kids. Emily and Andrew were super nice and came and did snowcones for them as well. Mason got to tag along and had a great time. He found a new best friend, Canon Clift.
 |
| Stockton and his cousin Payson |
 |
| Lovin my day with my boy |
 |
| Practicing for the upcoming dance |
 |
| Mason and Canon |
 |
| Eating with dignity, pinkies up |
DANCE
After the BBQ, me and a group of mom's went and decorated the gym for the next day's dance. We were there forever and still had to come back the next morning. I didn't get great pictures but it was cute.
 |
| Stockton and the boys doing a little performance |
 |
| Getting his groove on |
 |
| Mason and Canon |
 |
| Some of the decorations |
We let the students get their pictures taken. I REALLY wanted a pic of me and Stockton but he refused the first two times I asked. Finally, after the third try, he said "Mom, your eyes are boaring into my soul. FINE!" I thought that was an interesting way of putting it!
PROMOTION
The week ended with a promotion/awards ceremony.
Stockton got up in front of everyone and said some kind words about each teacher. He was overcome with emotion and had to take a minute to gather his composure. During that time he got a big round of applause from the audience. It was a very poignant moment in the program and he got many compliments afterward from parents and peers.
He was presented with some pretty great awards. "Hope of America" was his favorite. 12 students who showed leadership, kindness, academic achievement, values, etc. were given the award. When I asked him later if he was surprised he told me not at all. He knew he wanted that award from the first day of school and worked hard to earn it. I was proud of him for his confidence and hard work. He was also the only boy and one of 4 to get the
Presidential Fitness Award (many earned the
National award) he earned the Presidential Academic Award (nothing lower than an A- and 85% or higher on all CRT scores from 4th-6th grade, Social Studies Student, High Honor Academic and Citizenship (he missed the 4.0 award by one lousy A- in the first term!) Math Olympiad patch (10 or more correct questions), and more. He came home with many awards that he now proudly displays in his room.
 |
| Stockton, Caleb, Porter, Zach, Josh |
 |
| Blurry but the only one I have of the family. Mason looks like that often these days! |
 |
| Mrs. Bevan, her last year. Douglas had her as well and she was AWESOME! Science and Reading. |
 |
| Mrs. Parrish, also Douglas' teacher. Social Studies. |
 |
| Mrs. Jolley, Math. |
After the decorations were cleaned Stockton spent the day at the pool with friends. Russell and I took him to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Then he met back up with Porter and friends for a backyard sleepover in a tent. He told me it was one of his favorite days of his whole life. I had to agree!
Comments