Many of you know this sweet little boy that is the newest love of my life. Up until about a week ago Mason has been the perfect little baby. He attended his first little league game at age 1 week. He endured his brother's birthday party at Classic Skating at 2 weeks and at 4 weeks old he flew across the country for 2 weeks to New York, sleeping in three different hotel rooms in his stroller. He has braved wind and rain, heat and humidity and screaming from the sidelines, going with the flow and happy to do it. He was only an hour or so from sleeping through the night until something changed. He started fussing at night, waking up 3,4, even 5 times. I would lean over his bassinet and shove his binky in his mouth and he would be good to go for another 10 minutes. Yes, you read me right, I said bassinet. My other 2 babies were into their own rooms by about 6 weeks. Stockton may have been 4. What is different? I know Mason is my last. He was sleeping peacefully (until recently) and I have enjoyed having him so close. After having one of the worst nights ever, I decided last night that it is time. He needs to be in his own room and I need to let him cry a little. I have been practicing today with his naps and it is about killing me. I am using the 10 minute rule before I go in to comfort him but he has gotten so upset and I have never heard him so sad. It is going to be a long few nights in the Orchard home.
Many of you know this sweet little boy that is the newest love of my life. Up until about a week ago Mason has been the perfect little baby. He attended his first little league game at age 1 week. He endured his brother's birthday party at Classic Skating at 2 weeks and at 4 weeks old he flew across the country for 2 weeks to New York, sleeping in three different hotel rooms in his stroller. He has braved wind and rain, heat and humidity and screaming from the sidelines, going with the flow and happy to do it. He was only an hour or so from sleeping through the night until something changed. He started fussing at night, waking up 3,4, even 5 times. I would lean over his bassinet and shove his binky in his mouth and he would be good to go for another 10 minutes. Yes, you read me right, I said bassinet. My other 2 babies were into their own rooms by about 6 weeks. Stockton may have been 4. What is different? I know Mason is my last. He was sleeping peacefully (until recently) and I have enjoyed having him so close. After having one of the worst nights ever, I decided last night that it is time. He needs to be in his own room and I need to let him cry a little. I have been practicing today with his naps and it is about killing me. I am using the 10 minute rule before I go in to comfort him but he has gotten so upset and I have never heard him so sad. It is going to be a long few nights in the Orchard home.
Comments