Those of you that know me well know that I love a good sale. I browse over the Sunday paper looking for coupons and store ads. I love looking through the weekly grocery ads on Tuesday, arming myself with all of the information I need for a thrilling trip to the grocery store on Wednesday. So, imagine my giddiness when that one guy from the Tampa Bay Rays stole a base in the World Series earning all of America a free taco from Taco Bell!
The boys and I had fun with this last year. As soon as they got home from school, we headed to Taco Bell for our free taco. Then, on the way to football practice, I drove Douglas and his friends through the drive up for their free taco. Unfortunately, we were stuck in the drive up line way too long and had to leave without our taco! I vowed to not let this dampen my expectations for a great experience this year.
I had every good intention. We talked about it on Monday night. Then, the day just kind of came and went without another thought about it. At about 5:15 I was talking to my sister on the phone. She was on her way to Taco Bell. HOW DID I FORGET SUCH AN IMPORTANT EVENT? I immediately called Douglas to see if he wanted to go. He thought he would rather keep playing with his friends but wondered if I could just go get one for him. Stockton wanted to finish his game on the WI before we went but was willing to go. I was in the middle of homemade pizza and had a baby that wanted to be held. As the stress was building up about not making it by the 6:00 deadline, I called Russell to see where he was. Stockton met him in the garage as he pulled up and they were able to go get their free tacos. Stockton's cousins were even there so he was able to stay with them(thanks Kel!).
I learned two things from this little experience. LET IT GO! IT WAS 4 SILLY TACOS, AND THE KIDS DON'T REALLY CARE. TACOS ARE ALWAYS FREE TO THEM!
Comments
I think that you should blog every week about the deals you are going out for on Wednesday so the rest of us slackers can benefit from your expertise.
Because of your guidance, our food storage is coming along well.
PS I'm taking you to Taco Bell, my treat!
I didn't know you had a blog. It is so cute, I hope you don't mind me checking it out!