The minute school gets out my phone starts ringing. We are so blessed to have an abundance of 8-yr.-old boys in our neighborhood and I am so grateful they all get along so well. We rarely have just one friend over at a time. The other day they kept showing up and I couldn't help but grab my camera when I saw this!
There they sat, Stockton, Cooper, Chandler and Josh, DS in hand, giving Pokemon advice and cheering each other on. "Does anyone know the best defense against...", "It will be a miracle if I beat this trainer...", "Hey guys, my pokemon is evolving into a ...". It has been awhile since I was a kid but I seem to remember playing house with our dolls, cops and robbers in Amy Nelson's tree house (it was Amy Miller back then and they were our best friends! Her older brother even taught us the international police code, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf....)making up our own game shows, Steal the Flag and Risk. What a different world it is today! Douglas even asked me once how old I was when I got my first cell phone. He was a bit surprised when I told him I was 24 and it was the size of a brick! I find myself sounding more and more like my parents each day, "When I was a kid...!"
There is still balance though. I am sure these boys would play DS 24-7 if they could but after 30 minutes I sent them outside to play. They had just as much fun jumping on the trampoline and shooting hoops. What a great group of boys!
There is still balance though. I am sure these boys would play DS 24-7 if they could but after 30 minutes I sent them outside to play. They had just as much fun jumping on the trampoline and shooting hoops. What a great group of boys!
Comments
Cute kids love being your neighbor. You had the whole gang yesterday!