Skip to main content

10 Months of Sunshine

Spring has been hard to come by this year. I feel like we have been bombarded with snow and cold WAY longer than we deserve. Luckily it is sunny everyday at my house. I have called Mason my little sunshine ever since he was born. I sing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine...". Stockton got a little upset at me one day. He reminded me that Mason couldn't possibly be my only sunshine, but he's my brightest sunshine right now! For 10 months he has giggled, teased, smiled, jabbered, snuggled, loved, kissed, slobbered and dazzled us all. I am filled with gratitude everyday for this precious little boy!
Mace is into EVERYTHING! The house is slowly getting baby-proofed. Each day something new gets moved or put out of sight for awhile. You can often see my garbage and recycle on top of the kitchen counter.

Bath time is his new favorite. He has figured out how to splash and make a gigantic mess. He constantly stands and I have to keep sitting him down so he doesn't fall. He is also fascinated with the running water.

Mason got his first real haircut this month.  It was time but I have to admit I was pretty sad.  He looks more like a little boy than a little baby.

The other day he discovered the doggie door. I am guessing it is just a matter of time before he follows Maggie right out!

His favorite foods are grapes, pizza, eggs, bananas, yogurt, chicken nuggets and pudding. He doesn't really like bread. He loves yellowish-orangish veggies as well but I had to lay off for a time so he could get rid of his healthy orange glow!

He has this cute little giraffe toy where you feed balls into it's mouth and they fall down a ramp and drop into one of 4 compartments at the bottom. He used to just set the balls on the ramp but this month he learned to put them into the giraffe's mouth.

He is using his left hand to throw things and say "OH". Russell keeps encouraging the lefty thing.

He loves his walker and I had to break down and purchase one a few weeks ago as his old decrepit one broke. I tried to borrow but no one seems to do walkers anymore.

Stockton is his favorite person. It doesn't matter what he does, Mason thinks it is funny. Stockton is great at knowing what he wants.

This last month he learned how to climb the stairs. We still have to stay behind him so we can catch him when he decides to take a little brake and sit down. Nerve-racking!

Plaza Sesamo (Sesame Street in Spanish-this is dad's contribution) is his favorite song. It doesn't matter how grumpy he is, turn on the theme song and he sways back and forth with the music.

Yep, we've had 10 sunshiny months with a forecast of warm and wonderful years to come:).

Comments

wylie said…
Great loving post!! Aren't we so glad Mason came into our lives?!! The top left picture of him in the bath tub really had a strong hint of Stockton in him. Then the last picture of him in the living room he looked older, just slightly. Is it the haircut? Or does he have a more knowing, going to get into mischief look? =)
Sarah said…
Oh, he's so big!! I can't believe he can climb the stairs! Life is very busy. Pretty soon he'll he out running with your boys. Can't we just slow time down? Enjoy it all!
Kimberly said…
Sweet little miracle.
Meredith said…
I agree - he is super cute. I pay way more attention to him than I do the teacher during Sunday School.
Melanie said…
Keep putting things in that left hand and keep studying up on that Spanish, two great gifts to have. His new haircut sure does make him look like Stockton and Douglas.
Kim said…
So cute! He looks just like an Orchard boy. Good job on the collage!
Aimee said…
I loved watching how proud Russ was of him when we were over the other night. It was heart-warming having him show off the Spanish Sesame dance.
LaTour said…
What a cute post! I love it. He is so cute. It seems to be going by so fast. Adorable Mason!

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...