I don't know about you but the grocery deals lately have been bumming me out. I had a really good routine going, knew what price I waited for to stock up and now it has all changed. Have you picked up a bag of chips recently? What used to be a normal sized bag is now called "Family Size". How about a nice "Superstack" of Pringles. You get 25% more for twice the price. I am aggravated daily about the economic times and the insulting way the food industry thinks I will not notice that in all of the new packaging they have also shrunk everything and slightly increased their prices. I wasn't born yesterday people!
With that being said, I did manage to do a little feel good stock-up shopping today at Smith's. They are currently running a caselot sale but not everything is a good deal. These are some of the things I stocked up on. And, you have to buy by the case on most of these items to get the better price.
Skippy Peanut Butter $1.25
(This used to be an 18 oz jar for a buck but now you get 16.3 oz for $1.25. You see my gripe!)
Kroger tomato paste $.33
5lb. Cheddar Jack cheese $7.99
Kroger mandarin oranges $.33
Betty Crocker Brownie Mix $1.00
Kroger Vegetable Oil $2.00
Libby's canned veggies $.50
Kroger tomato sauce $.20
Nissin Top Ramen 7 for $1.00
This doesn't complete my much needed list of items I have been using as I await a bargain but it was a great chunk put back, a nice little bit of peace amongst so much turmoil! So, if you feel like me and need a little food storage peace of mind grab your Smith's ad and give it a lookover. Whatever you do, please go buy the peanut butter. It isn't going to get any cheaper!
Comments
Thank you for helping all of us savvy shoppers get good deals too.
I love my big pile of gatorade! I had the best cashier ever too. hee hee