Even though I hate getting those this-is-just-a-short-survey,-we-are-not-trying-to-sell-you-anything phone calls I feel bad for the poor soul on the other end that is making a piddly little wage for a not so exciting job. I usually take the time to answer their questions, asking somewhere in the middle of the survey how much longer it will take. Sometime in the last few weeks I did a survey on our family's TV watching habits. I vaguely remember them saying they would send something in the mail and would I please fill it out. In my hurry to get them off the phone I am sure I must have agreed to whatever their requests were. Last week I opened my survey , 4 books to be filled out for an entire week. What?! I could have very easily scraped the project if it wasn't for the fact that they sent 5 one dollar bills along with the books. I can keep mailing labels without guilt of sending a donation, I can refuse to give an envelope to all of my neighbors asking for a donation, but for some reason I can not keep money and not do what was asked. I have filled surveys out for $1 before. I am such a sucker!
So, from Thursday of last week to this coming Thursday I get to record all of the TV watching our family does. One book for each TV in the house. If it doesn't get watched then I don't have to record anything. If we DVR something then I only record it when we watch. I am supposed to list who is watching and if we have any visitors over there is a place to record their TV time as well. It has been slightly annoying. If only they hadn't sent the money!
Comments
After that I asked to be removed from their list with absolutely no guilt.
Dena