Douglas had 5 games last weekend. Our first one was at 8:30 pm Thursday night in Spanish Fork. I knew I couldn't take Mason to that game. It would be cold and we would not be home until midnight. I resigned myself to the fact that for the good of the family I would stay home. I convinced myself of that the week leading up to the game and the whole day of. At about 5:00 I just couldn't stand it any longer and called my mom in a bit of a panic, wondering if she could take Mason until bedtime when I could get someone over to the house to sit with him while he slept. Thank goodness for amazing parents who understand my crazy baseball obsession. They were so great to take the boys last minute. I went to the game with Russell and Douglas and was not a bit sorry I went! We lost but I got to watch my boy play.Friday we had 3 games in Spanish Fork. Russell left the house at 8:00 am and I left at 9. Douglas played at 10:00, 2:00 and 6:30. Stockton, Russell and Mason came home at 4:00 so Stockton could play his practice game. I got home at 10:00 pm.
We were back in the car by 9:00 am Saturday morning for one final game. It could have been 3 if we continued to win but it wasn't meant to be. It was cold and rainy and Mason had quite had enough by this point so I mostly sat in the car and watched. I was still at the game!
I told myself over and over that it would be easier if I didn't feel like I had to get to every game. Last year Douglas had a game that I could catch 30 minutes of before I had to leave to get Stockton to his. I contemplated staying home and breathing for those 30 minutes but choose the game instead. Douglas hit his first ever home run and I was so glad I was there to see it! I don't want to miss a thing.
With both of the boys playing league and super league, we will average about 9 games per week with 4 of them being on Saturday. I don't groan when I think about it, I am excited. I just hope Mason feels the same way! Here's to a warm, fun, exciting season!
Comments
I love your outfit in your new pictures, you look great Jenny!!