In planning Mason's little one-year-old celebration I opted for a simple approach: McDonalds with his cousins, his first ever happy meal, followed by swimming at the pool (unfortunately the cousins swam while Mason slept. It was a cold day). I thought it was a very responsible, older, third-time parent party. Maybe I have learned a few things over the years. Here are a few pics from the day.
A musical horse and a birthday balloon. Mason LOVES "boons"! I have to give a shout out to my Dollar Tree balloon that was purchased 8 days ago and is still hovering around my ceilings. Best buck I've ever spent:). Other gifts were a car, baseball glove and ball and an Elmo cell phone.
First ever happy meal. As expected, he didn't really eat it. I am sure that is not the last happy meal he wastes.
First ever sprite. Yes, he is drinking from a straw. One of his newest accomplishments!
EW, was the word of the day. EW, over his toys, EW over his cousins, EW over the slide.
Grandma got in on the play.
What a fun Grandma!
Mason did not love the tubes. Want to feel really old, crawl through the tubes at McDonalds (not to mention how disgusting you will feel afterward).
Mason and his brother. No, that is not ketchup on Stockton's face. Poor kid got Russell's cold sore genes. He started the summer with a bad case.
Not quite sure this is fun.
EW!
I sure love this boy!
He had no idea what to do with his cake.
Rubbed the frosting in his eyes. Lost his appetite!
I was a little teary as I usually am on my boy's birthdays. I loved spending the day with Mason. I am so grateful for him and the joy he brings to our family. Not a night goes by that I don't peek in on him but this night I had to capture his peaceful sleep. It was a fun day filled with family, toys, food, cousins and lots of love for Mace.

Comments