We are 4 days out from leaving on our much anticipated trip to Mexico and the anxiety is starting to set in. I am not a huge fan of flying. I cringe as we take off. That first huge turn always gets me and then I settle once I am in the air at a nice cruising altitude. Upon landing, I hold my breath when we touch down and breathe a huge sigh of relief when the plane slows to a nice leisurely taxi to the destination gate. I thoroughly enjoy myself while I am gone and then go through the process all over again for the return flight home. (Did I mention we always end up with some really stupid movie on our flights? Not really the point but worth mentioning nonetheless.) I REALLY hate flying anywhere without my kids. It is that fear of something happening and them being left orphans with only 25 possible extended family members to care for them. I KNOW they would be fine but I want to be the mom. I want to watch them grow. I want to finish what I started.
This is the first time I have left Mason. Sure, we've gone to dinner without him a few times (very few!) and left him on a few other occasions but I have never been a night without him in his 9 little months. This, I am afraid, is going to make that flying anxiety even worse! Is this normal? Do other mom's feel this way or is it just me? I know statistically planes are the safest way to travel. I know people do it everyday. I know that leaving my kids for 4 short nights makes me a better mom for the next year. I know being alone with my husband makes him even more of the love-of-my-life than he already is. My brain gets all that, it is my heart that has a hard time leaving them behind.Y
Comments
It is so hard to leave the kids, the only time I have was this summer for 2 days at girls camp, GOOD LUCK! I wish I was going!!!
I like reading "Mrs. Julia Speaks Her Mind".
Where you aren't flying regularly (like weekly) of course it will cause some anxiety, that's normal too.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help while you are gone.
You deserve every relaxing, romantic, happy, sun-filled moment!