It has been two blissful weeks since Mason learned to crawl. At first he was content to crawl from toy to toy, stop and play and move on to the next toy. I could close my bedroom door, put some toys down, dust the blinds, take a shower and have a happy baby the whole time. This time was short lived! Mason now insists on climbing up to everything! It started out with a little stool. I quickly put that stool away so he wouldn't get any ideas. The next day it was the couch. We were watching Idol when I looked down and there he stood. It took a minute for my brain to register that he had to get to that standing position somehow and I hadn't helped him! Then it was his bed after his nap. I walked into the room and he stood right up.
He is no longer content to crawl around and play with his toys. He wants to stand. He will try to pull himself up to anything, office chairs with wheels, small little nesting tables not sturdy enough to hold a wobbly little boy. He even thought he could move back and forth from our coffee table to the couch. The problem is, he can't! Instead of him crawling after me, I am crawling after him. He is wobbly and unsteady but confident, making for a nerve racking situation.
I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...
Comments