Today we were in Heber to welcome home our nephew Josh from his mission. After the meeting our family gathered for lunch at the Town Hall. The boys got right to playing basketball and it was fun to watch a bunch of white shirts run around the gym. Since I am the oldest, Douglas is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family. Since Russell is the youngest, our kids are almost the youngest on his side. We have had 3 returned missionaries and one currently out. I love the example these older cousins set for my boys and I love how great they get along when they get together. We've got 5 Payne boys, 2 Orchard boys, 3 Earley boys and our 4 Orchard boys making a total of 14 boys to 1 Payne girl, one Orchard girl and 2 Wilcox girls...an outnumbered 4. And, I'm talking about the boys when I say you have never seen more eyelashes and freckles in one room! Now you know where my boys get it from.
I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...
Comments