Skip to main content

Picture Perfect

So here's a scenario for you. Take slightly less than a billion pictures over the course of a little over a year and then do nothing with them! Sound familiar? My latest project has been to get over a year's worth of pictures off of scan disk cards and files on the computers and turn them into actual, tangible prints. Each day last week I spent some time uploading files to samsclub.com. Once or twice I got logged out by my children but eventually I managed to get all of the photos there. Sending them to print was quite a chore. I would recommend not waiting until you have 585 4x6 prints and 16 5x7's. I should have only had 3 5x7's but due to the vast quantity of photos I was not able to find where I messed up and ordered 13 of one shot instead of one. Anyone want a great shot of Stockton dripping wet at Classic Skating on his birthday?
These pictures represent such a great year in the Orchard family. They start with Christmas of 2007, into the New Year, baseball in St. George, Easter, shots of my brother's wedding, the miracle of Mason, Stockton's 8th birthday, an amazing trip to New York, fishing, the 1st day of school, UEA weekend, fall basketball, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Douglas turns 13 and Christmas. In my search for pictures I can not find Mason's blessing day. I am so bummed by that. There is no way I can cram him into that little tux and take a make-up photo. That same weekend I would have taken pictures of Stockton's baptism day. These are priceless moments I won't get back. I sure hope by some miracle an unidentified picture card shows up. Note to self: don't let a year go by before you print those special moments! Next step, figure out which shots are scrapbook worthy and which ones go straight into the album. Now I just need to burn a CD of pictures from New York that I promised my friend Roni about 7 months ago! One thing at a time!

Comments

wylie said…
You are amazing! Only a few days ago we were talking about you working on this and you started, got right on it and look how far you are. I'm so sorry to hear about the missing pictures! Something has got to turn up!
brees said…
WOW! That takes ambition! That is the only thing i don't like about digital cameras, it is so much work if you get behind!!! Good for you!
Cory said…
Okay, I have just finished that same project. I am now ready to scrapbook, let's find a time to get together.

Popular posts from this blog

On Top of the World

I have never been a runner. I have grown up around runners. My dad has run 7 or 8 marathons. My mom has run 2. My husband ran one 7 years ago. I have always cheered from the sidelines and wondered why in the world anyone would EVER do something like that. It is just plain ridiculous. In my quest to get rid of the after math of 2 pregnancies in a years time I decided to step my workouts up a bit. I am a really good walker. I would much rather walk 4 miles than run 1 but I needed to burn more calories. So, running it was. I decided if I mostly walked with some intermittent running that would help. I started out running the downhill portions of my 2 mile loop. Pretty soon I would walk my 2 miles, put Mason down for a nap and run a few loops in the park. About a month ago, Russell challenged me to run the full 2 miles. He pushed the baby stroller while we ran. I was not very conversational , but I did it! I was so proud of myself. I incorporated that 2 mile run into my wor...

Old Enough For the Temple!

Mason and I have been looking forward to going to the temple for a long time.  It is one of my favorite places and there is nothing better than going with your kids.  Mason was ordained a Deacon on January 5th and received his temple recommend  so he could do baptisms and confirmations. We checked Mason out of school a little early on January 9th and went before lunch. We wanted to be together as a family so we invited Douglas and Daisha, Amelia and Grandma Orchard.  That made it special.  It was snowing when we came out so Grandma insisted on staying under the awning.  She didn't even know she was photo bombing! 😂 And to make it even more special, we took family names.  A temple sealer told me to think about families and bringing families to the temple.  I had never thought of that.  I always just grabbed whatever names were next in my card file but we purposefully put together 2 different families to baptize that da...

Arizona

Our love of baseball has taken us on some of our coolest family vacations.  Last week, Douglas' team played in the Triple Crown Spring Training tournament.  We decided to cash in our sky miles so all of us could go cheer him on.  A toddler on my lap for a 2 hour flight was a little more enticing than enduring a 12 hour roadtrip, each way.  Douglas wasn't too sad that he missed the team travel in a 16 passenger van.  Can you imagine it?  8 teenage boys...together...lauging....texting...stinking.  No thanks!  His coaches are saints! As seems to always be the case, travel day was hectic.  Watching our family go through airport security must be somewhat entertaining.  There are the Ipods, the belts, the shoes, the stroller, the laptop, the portable DVD player, the camera, the sippy cup, the blanket....followed by the howls of a little boy who got his fingers pinched when the stroller collapsed on him as we tried to contain him to...