I remember renting VCR's on special weekends when I was a kid. My dad would lug this big padded bag into the house and get it all set up. We didn't have cell phones, Ipods, computers, digital cameras, the list goes on. Those things are all obvious things that make life so much easier. Below is my list of simple things that I would not want to live without.
1. Lysol Wipes. They are in every bathroom and under every sink. What a great way to do a quick clean up.
2. Online Banking. How great that we can transfer money without having to leave our house. I LOVE this!
3. While we are on the subject of money, Microsoft Money. I manage our personal accounts, our business accounts and our credit card. I balance them to the penny each month, input every receipt, categorize each item and print a report at the end of the year to give to our accountant. It is that slick! I know there are probably better programs out there but I have used this for so long it would be hard for me to give it up!
4. Pampered Chef paring knives. You know, those little cheap ones that you sometimes win as a door prize. I use one everyday on something.
5. Diet Cola. I am not even partial to Coke or Pepsi. I am an equal opportunity drinker. I know it isn't great for me but it really is my sanity when I am cutting out the rest of the treats. I limit myself to 2 cans a day, one for lunch, one for dinner and a great drink on date night with added lime! Mmm.
6. DVR. What did I ever do without this one? We RARELY go to the movies. Rather, we catch up on a weeks worth of recorded shows on the weekends. We are reality junkies! Our faves: Biggest Loser, Survivor, American Idol, Amazing Race and starting soon, The Apprentice. No CSI, no Desperate Housewives, no ER. Just our reality fix. You know, I heard once that those who watch reality tv are lacking depth in their own lives and have to live through others. I guess you could say we are pretty shallow!
7. Seat warmers in the car. This is the best in the winter. The kids even have them now and are loving them.
8. Electric blanket. Warm that baby up and crawl in. I know some like cold sheets but not for me! The hotter the better.
9. Electric rollers. I know I am a freak. Most people only use a blow dryer but I have never mastered the art. I dry on high as quick as I can, pop in 4 jumbo rollers, turn under the ends with a curling iron and done! It is fast for me.
10. George Foreman Grill. Who needs to go outside when you could stand at your kitchen counter? I have been grilling my veggies as well as my meat. Everyone needs one of these!
What would you add to my list?
Comments
1. my laptop
2. frozen meatballs
3. RSV shots (for preemie babies)
4. TiVo
5. two waffle irons for faster breakfast production
6. Hair coloring (I've been going gray since before I had kids!)
7. My automated smart house
Those are the ones that come to my mind first.
2. email - keeps me in touch with my husband, my family, even my kids teachers
3. Iphone - I admit it, I'm super spoiled by having my phone, email, Ipod, and even a camera with me at all times
4. ditto on the hot rollers
5. hot, running water - I lived without it on my mission and I will never forget what a privilege it is
You are the best.